At the beginning of this school year, and In accommodation to safety, students were offered three educational paths.
- Students could attend school in person Monday through Thursday
- Students could pick up a hard copy of educational content and study guides. They work on these packets at home and return completed packets for grading
- Students could learn remotely through Dohn’s Virtual Academy.
As we near winter 2020, Dohn has an enrollment of 1053 students. Here are the numbers for each of those learning paths:
- 106 students have chosen online learning through Dohn Virtual Academy
- 234 students have chosen packet pick-up
- 713 students have chosen in-person learning
Temperatures are checked when people enter one of Dohn’s locations, and everyone wears a mask. The six-foot rule for maintaining distance is observed, and frequent hand-washing is enforced. A deep-cleaning occurs on Fridays when all locations are closed to staff and students. As of October 29, 2020, here are our COVID-related statistics:
- Three locations were closed for two-weeks due to COVID exposure
- Women’s Empowerment Center
- South Campus
- Twelve people got tested and had to miss work time.
- Of those 12 people, we have had five staff members test positive for COVID-19.
- Of those 12 people, we have had 0 students test positive yet (knock on wood.)
- Forty-two staff members or students have been listed as a close contact of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- 22 staff members get listed as a “close contact” to someone at work.
- Of those 22 cases, only one person ended up testing positive (they are accounted for in the five listed above.)
- We have asked the people who have been quarantined to continue to work from home.
- Twenty students have been listed as close contacts. None of these people tested positive for COVID-19.
- Close contacts were within 6 feet of a person who tested positive for at least 15 minutes within 48 hours before showing symptoms.
For ongoing COVID & School updates as well as health and safety resources visit: https://www.dohnschool.org/covid-school-updates/